Saturday, May 29, 2010

it's all about CANADA..!

yep, it's all about CANADA! you all may be wondering why i choose Canada for the topic this time. well, first of all, i wanna see SNOW! yeah, i live in Indonesia so i can't see snow around here because Indonesia is located in equator line and countries with equator line are never snowy. secondly, i have a best friend in Canada and since that, my passion to go to Canada is on FIRE..!! he told me everything about Canada. the beautiful scenery, the weather, the history, the culture, the people around there and etc.

well, the thing that makes me very interested to Canada is the maple leaf. Canada use maple leaf as the symbol of their flag. why? because so many maple leaf trees grow in Canada and Jacquez Viger, the first mayor of Montreal, described the maple leaf as "the king of our forest; the symbol of the Canadian people." Click here for more information :)



i have some maple leaf pictures from my best friend in Canada. he gave me 3 maple leaves when he came to Indonesia. well, i'd asked him before to bring some maple leaves. i remember what he said at that time. "you are too late to ask me for maple leaves. it's winter already!". but, he kept searching maple leaves for me and he said, "hei guess what, i found 3 maple leaves for you, but two of them are yellow and one green. if you asked me earlier for the maple leaf, maybe i'd found the red one". but it's okay. i'm glad that you didn't forget to bring my maple leaves :)



and this is me with all my laminated maple leaves :P ( i didn't want my maple leaves wilted, so i take his advice to laminate all my maple leaves )







he also said, in Canada, they usually celebrate Indonesia's Independence Day for Indonesian people who lives in Canada. They held a ceremony and celebrate it with all Indonesian people who lives there. and this is some pictures of the ceremony. i took it from his FB.







and this is a birthday cake:





so many beautiful scenery in Canada, but most of them show the beauty view of the old city with tall and big buildings and its structure is very high artistic values. it makes Canada become one of tourist attraction in Canada. last Easter Holiday, my best friend in Canada went tour to Kingston, Quebec, Ottawa, Montreal and Thousand Island and he brought me some beautiful pictures from each place. i'm so jealous to him, i wanna go there too :( this is some good pictures that he took:

Kingston


Parliament Hill Ottawa



and this is the pictures from Quebec Old City ( i couldn't find another picture better which no my best friend in it )


Quebec City
**HHAHHAHAHAHHAAA..!!! i always laughing when i see this picture! hahhahahhhahhaaa









**again, i couldn't find another picture better to show you guys 'bout Quebec City



Thousand Island ( its sounds like a ketchup or mayonnaise brand, doesn't it? hehhehee :P )



Montreal


that's all i want to share with you guys 'bout Canada, hope you like it :)
and i have a promise to my best friend that one day, i'll go to Canada to see and play with him :D

BIG thanks to: Paul, my best friend and also my best brother :)

with love,
ekanakecil&mademoiselle

No comments:

Post a Comment